Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I can now say we have finished a sale!  I have to admit, the turnout wasn't as great as I had hoped, but I know a lot of that is due to bad publicizing on my part.  And we'll be having several more, probably this year, at various churches or areas in and around Houston.  (if you would like to host a sale, please let me know!)

Here are some pictures from our first sale.  It was a 2 night affair.  The second night, we had Bollywood music playing, and I may or may not have danced around a little when I was the only one there. :)

My favorite table was the "silver" table.  I had to get creative with the jewelry displays so that I wasn't spending money on the displays.  (the less money spent on Khazana Bazaar, the more gets to go to the overseas work!)  My sis-in-law had a "Pajama Glam" birthday party for my 6 year old niece, and decorated the table with necklaces in fancy glasses.  I realized that would be perfect for my sale, especially since our dollar store sells 6 champagne glasses for $1. :)
My other cheap-slash-free (slash ghetto?) displays included wrapping empty boxes and sticking plastic hooks on them to hang the necklaces...

The pink/purple beaded necklace on the left is mine now. :)  I told myself if no one bought it, I was going to.  I'm glad I did - it goes with a TON of my clothes!
...and putting cheesecloth in empty picture frames to hang the earrings...

But no matter what the displays, nothing can detract from the super cute jewelry and accessories!

If you didn't make it out to this sale, hopefully there will be another one in the near future closer to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment